Sunday, December 19, 2010

 

American Genealogical Biographical Index (AGBI)

I found the Bennington, Bennington, Vermont Birth lists and on it was an unusual name.
Adonijah Mervin Robinson was born there on May 16, 1789. His father's name was unreadable, but the mother was listed as Mary Town. I did a little math and see that this man would be 40 years old at the time of my ggrandfather, Abiathar Smith Robinson.

He was listed in the AGBI. which said, "
American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) about Adonijah Robinson
Adonijah Robinson b: 1790 in New York, Volume 148, page number 45
Reference:
Gen. Column of the " Boston Transcript". 1906-1941.( The greatest single source of material for gen. Data for the N.E. area and for the period 1600-1800. Completely indexed in the Index.): 12 Dec 1935, 2806

Very often I see such a reference and never bother to go to the libary and find it. This time I hope I will. I'm interested in that Bennington lists him born in VT while this lists him in NY. That is exactly like the confusion Abiather has shown on the census information; NY and Vermont for births. At one time certain areas were a part of NY. I guess it was hard for them to say Vermont afterwards.

I do not have Adonijah on my list of Robinson Tree. I wish I knew his father's name.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?