Thursday, October 14, 2010

 

Royalton Vermont Connections: Durkee, Lee

I am intertwined in your Amos Robinsons of Vermont somehow.

11/9/08 I found a Joseph Lee b: 18 May 1788 in Pomfret, CT with parents Cyrel & Louisa. I've been tracking the Lees of Royalton, VT all day. He's married to Lucy Durkee, daughter of Col Heman Durkee and Susanna Rix.

10/14/10 On the 1850 census in Royalton living with Joseph and Lucy were Laura L. Wheeler 21 b: VT, and Orbira Paddock 20 b: VT, who could be their daughters? Also next door was a younger Lee, George, no doubt their son with his family. Now I have a name for the 2nd son. Joseph was on the same census of 1850 was Amos Robinson b: 1797 Royalton, VT and wife Lois Safford b: 1800 with chldren Cyrus, Dwight, Alfred, Calvin, William and Charles. Joseph is married to Lucy Durkee, daughter of Col. Heman Durkee. Joseph's son, George, is married to Maria Mehitable Durkee, daughter of Timothy Durkee III. The two Durkee women, Lucy and Maria are first cousins once removed.

The Durkees are of my family. Asenath Durkee is on my ggrandfather Abiathar Smith Robinson's family. Asenath is Abiathar's wife Julia Ann Tuller's mother. She had married a Tuller.

I doubt very strongly that these Lees are of the Robert E. Lee line from the south. There are other Lee lines that I have found in the South probably of his family.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?